The exciting finals of the 2022 Rapid Chess Championship begin on August 18. That means it’s time for another bracket contest! This time, it’s a double elimination bracket—you will really have to be on your game to make the best selections this time! Are you up for the challenge?
You have from right now up until the start of the first match at 9 a.m. Pacific on August 18 to make your picks. That’s only in a couple of days, so act fast for your chance to win a premium membership!
Jump Ahead: Click Here For Prediction Instructions! | Scoring | Tiebreaks | Prizes
How to watch?
How To Play
- Head over to the bracket on Challonge and click their green “Create A Prediction” button,
- Follow instructions on the Challonge prediction page! The bracket will auto-populate as you make your picks.
- IMPORTANT: In the Prediction Title field, enter your Chess.com username and your prediction for the final score of the final match. For example: “CHESScom 14.5-12.5”. If you do not provide your Chess.com username you may not be able to receive your prize.
Chess.com 2022 RCC Bracket Contest
The deeper the tournament goes, the more points you get for each correct prediction. For the winners bracket that means:
|Round of 16||8||1||8|
Additionally, each correct prediction in the loser’s bracket is worth 1 point.
Tiebreaks will be applied by Chess.com in the event of multiple perfect brackets or ties at the top of the standings. The tiebreaker system is the same as previous bracket predictions:
- Your prediction of the final match score in the finals. This is what you entered in the Prediction Title field.
- If no entry predicted the correct score, the contest winner is whoever was nearest to the correct margin of victory.
- If that is tied, the contest winner is whoever was closest to the correct score for the tournament winner.
- The last tiebreaker is the order your bracket was submitted, earlier is better. Why not create your bracket now?
|1||1-Year Diamond Membership|
|2||6 Months Diamond|
|3||3 Months Diamond|
|4||3 Months Diamond|
|5||3 Months Diamond|
|6||1 Month Diamond|
|7||1 Month Diamond|
|8||1 Month Diamond|
|9||1 Month Diamond|
|10||1 Month Diamond|
This is your chance to join fun and drama as all the action unfolds at Chess.com/TV! Fill out your bracket now today!